Students of the Month
Last year, we began recognizing students in each classroom that consistently demonstrate positive behaviors. Criteria include demonstrating “The Big Three” all month.
(1) Doing the Right Thing (2) Treating People Right (3) Doing Their Personal Best
Student of the month qualifications are based on qualities such as character, leadership, and citizenship, not necessarily on academics.
- student is prepared for class and participates well putting forth full effort
- student has good attendance
- student completes all assignments and homework
- student has good work ethic and is responsible
- student demonstrates respect to peers and teachers
- student assists others in need
- student shows acts of kindness
- student demonstrates a positive attitude
- student follows rules & displays good conduct (No behavioral referrals for the month)
- student is a positive role model by example
Students receiving this nomination earned a “special” lunch where they sat at the front of the cafeteria during lunch with the other Students of the Month from their grade level. Their table was decorated and Mrs. Quintero was their “waitress”. They also decorated ALL ABOUT ME posters which were displayed in the cafeteria. Mr. Meget gave them the task of being the official “greeters” each morning when students entered the gym. They did an awesome job at this. It was so nice being greeted with handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, and good mornings when you walked into the gym each morning. Lastly, these students all earned an extra hour in the makerspace. That was fun!
We will continue recognizing our amazing Southwest students this school year.